Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Quick Update

So we just got back to the Dominican Republic after a one week visit to the United States. I was in St.Marc Haiti working on the radio station 102.3 FM when I received a Skype phone call from Jen letting me know that my mother,Bertha Rineholt, had just passed away due to a heart attack. A very difficult conversation to say the least. I had just finished sharing at a Haitian Baptist Church about seeing God's providence and sovereignty through difficulty and how those who endure will partake in the Harvest, and the pastor taught on being baptized by fire. He spoke of Abraham when he had worshipped God by willingly offering Isaac, He spoke of Daniel in the Lions den who had purposed in his heart not to defile himself against God. He then spoke of Shadrach,Meshack, and Abednego and how the Lord Himself met them in the midst of the flame. Although this message was preached in Haitian Creole(of which I know very little) the message spoke to me all day and even in to the week where I had been forced to discover Jesus there with me in my little fiery time as well.
Psalm 34:18 "the Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit."
God met me in my time of need and He comforted me with His word. I praise God for the life of my mother and also for the love poured out to us during this difficult time.

She will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment