Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wait....

Psalm 62 :
1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

I hate to wait!
I have been working diligently over the past several days trying to get our mission base ready to be occupied by my family. I have purchased items needed to make our stay here "doable". We will by no means be living at the same standards of that in Delaware, and this once again was made very clear to me as I carried 25 gallons of water 5 gallons at a time for my family to take a "shower" this morning.

My plans were to have everything ready too move into by Tuesday (two days ago). I am realizing that things move at a different pace here. And I admittedly become frustrated.
Frustration turns to irritation which turns to anger.
Then I realize when God asks us to wait it is for our own good.
Waiting is a pause......which means SOMETHING active is going on.
But waiting on someone tells me I am no longer in control, and my flesh really dislikes this.
It is especially unnerving when you KNOW that something can be done but the people involved just do not have the desire to do anything.

I have been working on electric,water,installing water pumps, cleaning water tank, plumbing, beds, mattresses, table, chairs,temporary water,propane,sink,batteries,receptacles,fixtures,light bulbs, and much more while fixing the motorcycle at least once a day with now two flats since Sunday,oil change,blown headlight,brake cable, and just having to go to the store once a day to buy enough food to make it to the next day without proper refrigeration or the ability to plan a week in advance.

 All of this to be put on hold with a storm coming through and mucho rain.


In America I can build a new house in less than 90 days, so these small things, in my mind should be no big deal,  but there is more to it than just accomplishing each task, you see here it has taken God less than one day to rebuild a man.

He desires for me to wait on Him. Waiting is learning to walk in obedience.
Psalm 25
1 To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.
3 Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
4 Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. So now we prepare for the Storm. Tropical Storm Tomas has already been giving us some rain. We could get as much as 15" so please pray. People have begun to prepare. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."
    The Apostle Paul

    I pray that God will Bless and keep you safe while you invest in His Kingdom.
    TB

    ReplyDelete